Friday, January 17, 2014

A Mid-January Report

Cheerio! I bet you heard that a lot in the past week. I gotta say, before I was demoted, I was really looking forward to this little excursion. There's nothing like international travel to clear your mind. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for England: ale, bangers and mash, the Queen, cricket, cops not carrying guns -- just a terrific society. And, I just love that British humor. The first time I saw Monty Python's "Holy Grail," I almost died. ("It's only a flesh wound!") Of course, you can complain about the weather. But sometimes a nice, rainy day can really make you feel alive.

Anyway, here are some notes:

- Of course, Joe would dominate in London. There's something kind of English about him. He's understated, polite, stiff upper lip and all that, but you don't want to mess with him. Andray Blatche, who also had a terrific game, blows this theory out of the water, though. He is as American as a slice of ziti pizza.

- You've probably already guessed it, and, yep, you're right, I'm out of the woods and back in the friendly confines of North Jersey. Things got really spiritual and metaphysical towards the end of my stay there in the woods. I went on a a five-day fast and drank a ton of green tea. I realized a few things about the reality of the world that we are living in. Maybe I'll share it all with you at a later date.

- But, I'm back and I'll be honest, I've been watching a lot of TV the past few days. What's up with all these commercials for "Monuments Men"? Something's not adding up. Clooney, Murray, Goodman, that buffoon from "Downton Abbey," and the movie is coming out in February? That one has "bust" written all over it.

- I'm all over the place this morning, but this is what you get when you leave a mind like mine unoccupied for over six weeks. I'd like to say I'll get back in the swing of the daily reports, but that's just not my style. You can call me many things, but "liar" isn't one of them.

- I love the snow, but I'm thinking about taking a trip to some warmer climes. I'm interested in the Caribbean, but airfare is just a killer these days.

That's all for me. I have some leftover venison, so I think I'll make a stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment