Friday, January 3, 2014

Report from the Snow

I was actually thinking about leaving the cabin yesterday, but then I got engrossed in this Winston Churchill biography, and then it started to snow, and now I'm pretty much stuck. I'm surrounded by about two feet of snow and I just don't have the energy to dig myself out. Luckily I have plenty of squirrel, venison, and chickpeas to get me through the day.

On to the notes:

- Joe Johnson. What can I say? That guy is just an ice-blooded maniac assassin.

- You might not believe me, but, before the game, something told me, at the very least, this wouldn't be an embarrassing loss. I always say, you have a real shot to win any time you're playing a team that gives serious minutes to Kendrick Perkins.

- How do you decide not to wear a tie? Do you consult with your staff? Run it by Billy and Proky? Did the fact that it was a Thursday night in Oklahoma sway your thinking? Personally, I'm a tie guy, but you actually pulled it off last night.

- I caught the end of that Knicks game and, boy, that was something. Shumpert and Belinelli trading baskets, Beno Udrih in the mix, Boris Diaw standing around not doing anything of any real significance -- it felt like I was watching the 2019 Turkish League All-Star game.

- All jokes aside, I get a little nervous when these big upsets happen in sports. If the Knicks and Nets can go to San Antonio and Oklahoma City, respectively, and get wins on the same night, what kind of world are we living in? I'm afraid that I'll take a dog-sled down to the general store tomorrow and a gallon of milk will cost fifty bucks.

That's all for me. For some reason, I really got a craving for a glazed donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment