Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Report

I know this may come as a shock, but I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve. I'm not much for organized revelry and, anyway, my year runs from October to June, so December 31 is just another day on the calendar for me, and it's usually one that has some serious NBA action that requires my attention.

Here are some notes:

- You got the Spurs tonight and it won't be fun. Don't be surprised to see a lot of Aron Baynes and Nando De Colo. I can't think of one good reason why Pop would play Duncan and Parker and, hell, even Tiago Splitter for more than a quarter.

- I'm starting to get the hang of this country living. What's important is to have a routine. You gotta make sure you have your food and wood ready for the night before noon and, if you're planning to hunt and ice-fish, your gear needs to be ready to go at first light. The sun goes down quick and early up here. You don't want to get to 2:30 in the afternoon and be standing around like a sailor waiting for hardtack and salted pork.

- If you got time, maybe go and sit in the Alamo for an hour or two this afternoon. I always find that quiet reflection in national historic places really helps me to clear my head.

Win or lose, don't get too crazy tonight. Time to soak some lentils.

No comments:

Post a Comment