Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Daily Report - 12/11/2013

That was pretty much a decent win last night. At times it felt like I was watching an over-40 YMCA team playing Duke’s JV team, but a win is a win. You’ve got some good momentum now and an off-day to prepare for a tough game against the Clippers on Thursday. Don’t waste the day thinking of more thirteen-letter words to throw around.

Here are some notes:

- Deron sure had a spring in his step. I was not expecting that at all. Did Prokhorov hire that German doctor you were telling me about?

- There was stretch in the third quarter where Andray Blatche was trying to dribble around like a young God Shammgod. I saw you benched him for similar antics in the fourth quarter, but it really shouldn’t get to that. Call me old-fashioned, but I’m a big believer in running laps.

- Are you sure Paul Pierce should be out there? He broke his hand ten days ago! I don’t know what’s going on, but it seems like someone is playing power games in the training room. Watch out for that.

- It’s not too early to start thinking about the Clippers. I think a few of their games have been taped this year.

- I liked the third quarter energy but what the heck happened there in the fourth? I bet you muttered one or two thirteen-letter words during that stretch. (Joke!)

- I don’t like Shengelia’s body language during the timeouts. Give him some type of project during the games. Maybe tracking all the ways Brook doesn’t rebound.

- Same with Reggie. You’re playing a dangerous game giving him DNP-CDs. The thought of him roaming the streets of Brooklyn without a good hard-nosed basketball game in his system is a little bit frightening.

Stay warm today. I’m gonna do some experiments with hot apple cider.

2 comments: