Saturday, December 21, 2013

Daily Report - 12/21/2013

UPDATE (11:21 AM): I was just getting my French toast batter ready when I saw the sad, sad news about my man Brook Lopez. Hang in there, big guy. 

Well that's a kick in the pants. You're on nice little run, got some quality wins under your belt, and then, boom!, two losses to two pretty horrible teams. At least last night you put on a good show for the fans. And as long as you hover around .350 you'll have a chance for home-court advantage in the terrible East if you can win three or four in a row in March or April.

Here are today's notes:

- Alan Anderson looks like a young Jim Jackson out there. Keep giving him minutes.

- So, Brook, Paul, Deron, the aforementioned Alan all had great offensive games last night. This one really seems like a missed opportunity. I know you gave up on actual defensive schemes about three weeks ago, but I think it could have helped in a game like last night's. (Joke!)

- Another DNP for Reggie? What are you doing? This man needs his basketball. And if you don't give him some good, hard-nosed hoops action, he'll go out and find it on his own and then you'll get a call at four in the morning and have to drive out to some court in Flatbush with a blanket and a canteen of hot tea. Don't say I didn't warn you.

- I know you got Indy on Monday, but we can just pencil in a loss for that one. I'd already start looking ahead to the Christmas game against Chicago. It's a national audience, so you'll want to get your beard in order.

- Also, speaking of the Christmas game, I think you'll be wearing sleeves for some strange, marketing-related reason? Start practicing with sleeves today. Actually, just go for long sleeves or turtlenecks. It's like warming up for an at-bat with a doughnut.

Time for French toast and homemade pumpkin spice latte. I'm not playing around this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment